Like humans, pests need to shelter themselves and keep dry. This is why they persistently invade buildings even after countless efforts of being repelled. The HVAC system is one integral part of commercial properties that can be easily infested. Once pests begin to breed and live inside the HVAC system, you can expect several health risks, including allergies and respiratory problems.
Another reason why it’s paramount for facility management to properly maintain the system is because pests can invade its parts and cause massive damage. Some of them can even get trapped inside and die. Not only can this result in costly repair bills, but also in a problematic indoor air quality.
Pests That Can Invade HVAC Systems:
HVAC System Pest Control Tips:
- Clean and secure your ducts, vents and flues post-installation
- Inspect for any cracks and gaps
- Get an annual HVAC maintenance
- Have air-vent screens installed and clear outdoor units
- Keep cooling system free of vegetation and debris
- Change the filters on a regular basis
- Ensure exterior areas around the building are free of weeds and overgrowth
Seek the Help of Professionals
Effectively keep pests out of the HVAC system in factories, schools, retail stores, and other commercial properties by scheduling regular pest control treatment and maintenance. When it comes to seasonal pests, quarterly treatments are suggested.
At Bob Gunn Termite Solutions, we offer commercial pest control and can assist you with HVAC system pest control. Get in touch with us in Brisbane today and let us know about your needs. We look forward to hearing from you!